Learn 40 Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend to Make Her Cry and make your girl emotional. If you have a special lady in your life who you care for a lot or perhaps even love, then you want to say and do all the right things to keep her in your life and make her feel special and loved. But for some of us, this can be a little tricky. Not all of us are natural-born poets, romantics, or eloquent talkers. It can be a real struggle to find the right words to say or truly express how we’re feeling. If you’re one of these people, worry not. As you continue to read on, you’re going to learn how to better compliment a lady and make her feel truly special.
Sweet (compliments) things to say to your girlfriend to make her happy
Firstly, let us talk about compliments. It is easy to tell a woman that she is beautiful or that she has a pretty face or pretty hair.
And don’t get me wrong, ladies like being told that they’re beautiful, but there are plenty of other kinds of compliments to give your special lady friend that will resonate a little deeper with her. Start out by thinking about the qualities she has that you find charming or endearing.
Does she have a great sense of humor? Is she smart? Does she show an immense amount of kindness to others?
Compliments that shine a light on attributes like these will mean more to a girl than the cliché ones about how pretty she may be.
- “Your kindness is inspiring.”
- “I love how creative and vibrant your personality is. It’s so interesting.”
- “I love how you walk into a room and everybody lights up when they see you.”
- “Your mind is so complex and stimulating. I love our conversations.”
- “You never cease to make me smile.”
- “I always learn so much from you!”
- “You always make me feel so comfortable.”
- “I could listen to you for hours.”
- “Spending time with you is the highlight of my day.”
- “You’re so good at (insert whatever talent here)”
- “I wish I could have met you years ago.”
- “You’re not like any other girl I’ve known. You’re such a breath of fresh air.”
- “I wish I could make you laugh more. I absolutely love your laugh,”
- “I appreciate you.”
- “I am grateful to know you.”
- “You are a great listener. Thank you for listening to me. You’ve made me feel nice.”
- “I feel happy whenever I’m around you. It’s like you bring out the best in me.”
- “You’re one of a kind!”
- “If you were a box of crayons, you’d be the sixty-four color boxes with the built-in sharpeners.”
- “You are more fun than bubble wrap.”
- “How is it you make time stop and fly, all at the same time?”
- “You’re pretty special … do you know that?”
Compliments like these ones will let her known that you’re paying attention, and also make her feel very special. There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling her that she is gorgeous, nothing wrong with complimenting a pretty outfit she has on, but these other compliments will go a little deeper and really show her your appreciation for her.
Sweet Things to Say to Your Girlfriend When You Miss Her
Now, let’s go onto things to say when you’re missing her. If the two of you are currently apart, things can be tough for both of you and it is easy to feel sad and miss one another. It’s important to remind her how much you miss her, how much she means to you, and that you care for her.
“Talking to you for just five minutes is enough to hold me over, but I seriously miss you so much! I can’t wait to be back with you again.”
- “I miss (insert an activity you both do together). I try to do these things alone, but it’s just not the same without you.”
- “I am counting the seconds until we are together again.”
- “I miss your smile and how it lights up my heart. Please send me a picture of your smile. It will help get me through the day.”
- “When I lay in bed, I wish you were here, by my side, snuggled up beside me, drifting off to sleep.”
- “Being apart from you makes me realize more and more how much I love being with you.”
- “Being away from you won’t get any easier for me. I know this. But it makes the thought of being with you again all the more wonderful.”
- “I’m pretty sure that the happiest I will ever feel is when I am finally back in your arms again.”
- “I hope you know how much you mean to me. I love you and I can’t wait to see you.”
These kinds of compliments speak volumes when you’re away from her. Things like this show her just how much she means to you and you’ll make her feel so special and so loved.
Sweet things to say to your girlfriend after a fight
Now, let’s say … you’ve maybe had a bad day with your special lady. Perhaps you said something or did something wrong and now you’re feeling rotten about it and want to make things right again.
A box of chocolates, a pretty bouquet of flowers, and a strong apology can go a long way, but words truly can take you far and, in this scenario, you want to make sure you have the sweetest and most hearts felt apology you can think of.
To be able to express your regret while also reminding her of how much you love her and care for her can turn a bad day into a sweet one.
- “I feel like I’ve taken the colors out of your rainbow and I am so profoundly sorry for that. Please, give me the chance to restore them back to you and make things right again.”
- “I know that you are angry at me, but I hope you know that I never meant to cause you pain. Please, give me the chance to correct this. I am ready to make amends.”
- “I’ve messed up and for that, I am truly sorry. I am still learning how to be the best boyfriend that I can be, for you. I promise to do my best to be worthy of you.”
- “Hurting you have hurt me too. I can not express how much I regret what I did, but I hope you will come to forgive me. I can’t imagine not having you in my life.”
- “I lost myself and put my happiness over anything else. Only now do I realize that my happiness was in you all along. Please forgive me.”
- “Words can not express how profoundly sorry I am. But I know that actions speak louder than words, so please give me the chance to show you how much I love you and what you mean to me. I want to make this right again.”
- “We fit like two perfect puzzle pieces. I know that I’ve messed things up, but please give us another chance. You’re too important to me. I can’t lose you.”
- “When I lost you, I realized that I’ve only ever felt alive when I was with you. I am so sorry for the pain and the resentment I have caused you.”
- “I will go to whatever lengths to make things right again. You don’t know how much you mean to me.”
These apologies will go along way and radiate a deep regret, but also a deep love as well. Things like these are perfect to say when you’re trying to win her back or correct wrongdoing.
Now, there are going to be times when the conversation isn’t so serious or so deep, but you still want to be charming and sweet. Perhaps you are just texting your love or sending her a quick hello.
Sweet things to say to your girlfriend in a text
Here are some super sweet texts that you can send her that will lift her spirits and remind her that she is loved.
- “Good morning sweetheart. You were the first thing on my mind today.”
- “My life is amazing, thanks to you. Just thought you should know that.”
- “If I had to climb a mountain, just to see you smile … I’d do it in a heartbeat!”
- “I think that all those wishes I wished, the dreams I dreamt, they’ve all come true because I have you.”
- “The reason my life is so happy is all because of you.”
- “People come and go. But you and me, we are gonna be forever!”
- “Thank you for being in my life.”
- “I feel like I’ve known you my whole life. You’re the other half of my heart.”
- “I am feeling really crazy today, crazy in love with you!”
- “Love was just a word to me until you came along and gave it meaning.”
- “You, me, and lunch? Can I come to spend time with you today? I can’t stop thinking about you.”
- “Your smile is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.”
- “Love stories are beautiful, but ours is the best!”
- “My goal is to never see you frown again. I’m gonna work so hard to keep you happy.”
- “Things change, people change. But my love for you is everlasting.”
- “You are the peanut butter to my jelly.”
- “You are the cheese to my macaroni.”
- “I look at your picture and instantly brighten up. You make my days so much happier.”
- “I hope your day is a fantastic sweetheart. I am thinking of you.”
- “Only with you, I learned to breathe.”
Sending you special someone sweet texts like this can make so much difference in their day and really brighten up their spirits.
What to comment on your girlfriend’s picture on Instagram
Lastly, if you want to comment on an Instagram picture or a photo that they sent you, here are some really sweet and thoughtful comments you can leave that are a lot more genuine than just a simple, “you look pretty.”
- “Are you even real? You’ve got to be an angel or something?”
- “The color (whatever she is wearing) was made just for you. You look heavenly in it.”
- “You’ve made my heart melt again.”
- “My candle in the darkness.”
- “You’re so beautiful… I’m speechless…”
- “Million-dollar smile!”
- “Can’t stop scrolling. Permanently fixated…”
- “I can’t take my eyes off of you.”
- “This picture made my whole day.”
- “My heart skipped a beat.”
- “The reason I smile…”
- “Stunning, flawless, gorgeous, I could go on forever.”
- “You have slain me, my lady. My heart belongs to you now.”
- “Your glowing and so is my heart now.”
- “I can’t take my eyes off of you!”
- “How is it that every picture you post is pure magic?”
- “You are magical.”
- “Beyond beautiful!”
- “How did I get so lucky?”
- “Goddess divine!”
- “Rainbows, sunsets, ocean waves, they’ve got nothing on your beauty.”
- “You’re like the moon; bright, beautiful, and lighting up my darkest nights.”
- “That smile…it makes my heart glow.”
- “You are sunshine in human form.”
- “You are a rare rose that blooms in the winter.”
- “Everything about you is beautiful.”
- “And to think, you are even more beautiful on the inside!”
A sweet comment like these can do more than you realize. They are sweet, charming, adorable, and are sure to sweep her off of her feet.